Love Bug’s Woolies are finished! (If you click the link, it’ll take you to the Ravelry page.)
Next time I knit these, I will definitely do them 2-at-a-time and use lace-type needles. As I said in my previous post, using the Denise Interchangeables didn’t work so well–it took me forever to complete the first warmer! The second one flew off my needles in about 3 days using my bestie’s ChiaGoo interchangeable needles. The designer suggests holding elastic with the yarn for the ribbing cuffs. I, however, did not have any elastic so I dropped my needles down 2 sizes thinking that would work (she suggested dropping one size down if not using the elastic so I did 2 to be safe). My thoughts?? No, not really, at least not with this yarn. The ribbing stretches really nicely but doesn’t hold up very well on Love Bug’s chunky thighs. In order to use these, I’m probably going to have to attached some sort of i-cord to loop around her cloth diapers. When I make a set for Harrison, I’ll add the elastic! Other than that, I’m really happy with the way these turned out!
I started two new projects for Harrison since finishing these. The first one is a wool diaper cover using the leftover Lamb’s Pride Worsted and Malabrigo Worsted yarns that have been hiding in my stash. The pattern is very simple to follow and understand. I decided to make the garter edging in yellow and the center section in black to represent the Steelers (of course!). I’m carrying the yellow across the back and it’s creating a denser fabric in the middle. I think that’ll be good though because I tend to have heavy wetters! I’m about 60% finished and hope to have it completed by the end of the week (although I may run out of the Lamb’s yarn–keeping my fingers crossed)!
I also started a baby blanket for him. I find that I dislike knitting blankets. They just feel as though they take forever to complete! I very much prefer crocheting them. After spending some time searching through patterns on Ravelry, I came across a dual-toned spiral blanket and fell in love! The pattern so far is incredibly easy and I like that I don’t have to figure out how to change colors or carry yarn (I’ve never done that with crochet). I’m using Red Heart Super Saver Solids in #381 Lt Blue and I’m honestly not sure what the yellow is as both were given to me but that one didn’t have a tag. I’m assuming it’s Caron’s One Pound in #586 Jonquil but that’s just a guestimate. Here’s what it looks like so far:
I’m about 15% in so far and am hoping to have this finished by the end of the month so I can start on his pre-folds. Speaking of…
I want to make all of Harrison’s newborn pre-folds. We have plenty of infant pre-folds from Love Bug but I remember trying to use them on her and they were HUGE for the longest time! I found some great tutorials online and will be upcycling old t-shirts and what not for his. I like that he’ll have one-of-a-kind stuff and that they’re made with love by his mama!
Well, that’s my to-list for this month so until next time, much love and many blessings!