Upcycled Bib

While browsing Pinterest one day, I came across an amazingly simple tutorial for DIY bibs. Since finding it, I’ve been dying to make some for Love Bug because most of the ones she has, have a thin plastic backing and the front fabric (I don’t even know what it is) has become very rough from repeated washings. I really don’t like using them on her sensitive skin. The tutorial gives step-by-step instructions on how to use your old t-shirts! Since they are usually made of soft cotton, it seems like a match made in heaven. The tutorial includes a downloadable template and lots of pictures for us visual folks. You can check out it on the A Little Tipsy blog. After searching through the bag of shirts my hubby gave me to use for these types of projects, I just couldn’t find one “cute enough” to use, so I decided to use one of Love Bug’s receiving blankets. I’m happy with the results and how easy it was. Now the real test will come at breakfast tomorrow!

bib

The only issue I had was adhering the velcro tabs. They wouldn’t “walk” through the feed, even when pulling. (I’m guessing that’s more a user error than my machine!)

The next thing on my list is making some diaper covers for Harrison. The more I research how they are made, the more I want to make them. I spent hours on Amazon the other night looking at different newborn covers and just couldn’t find the right combo of snaps, cute prints, and leg openings. I found some great sites that offer loads of information as well as sites that sell adorable PUL fabric at incredibly reasonable rates. Like so reasonable that I could make 3 covers for the price of one commercially produced cover! Now, I’m a novice sewer so this definitely makes me nervous, but I usually catch on pretty quickly so we’ll see how it goes. I’m hoping to get at least the first one finished by the middle to end of February. I’m thinking we’ll only need a few, like 4 at the most, to start with because he won’t be in them very long (newborn size typically only goes to 12ish pounds) and we got away with 3 covers when Love Bug was a newbie. If they come out well, I’ll definitely continue making sized diapers as he grows.

Well that’s about all I have for now. I’m going to work on Love Bug’s leg warmers. Until next time, much love and many blessings!

♥Courtney♥

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under DIY, Sewing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s