I started knitting about 4 years ago, right before meeting my husband and completely fell in love. One of my first projects after meeting him was a Double Cable Steeler’s Scarf (he’s manically obsessed with the Steeler’s). The next was a Steeler’s Blanket. I couldn’t find any patterns that I liked so I designed my own. I knitted a swatch, figured out my gauge, and off I went. Well, it definitely didn’t turn out the way I had envisioned in my head or on paper. I got through the first of 4 panels and it ended up being taller than wider. (In my head, it was supposed to be wider
than taller.) I felt pretty discouraged so I stashed it away in a bin. I came it across it the other day when I was looking for a set of my Denise tips. I originally thought of stitching the two pieces together and making a wall hanging for Andy’s Steeler’s room. I didn’t like that idea so much though because it would’ve been HUGE. Andy had the great idea of using each panel as a window valance. We’ve been looking for window treatments for that room and have been unsuccessful in finding anything we like. Thus, the Steeler’s room valances were born!
I have to say I’m pretty happy with the way they turned out. The only thing I have to fix is the right panel since it’s a little longer than the left. It would’ve helped if I had written down the measurements length-wise and not just width-wise.
Love and blessings,